Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
Olivia Ireland, Reporter - BBC (U.K.)Stephan: We are now in a six months long illegal war begun by Trump -- who promised there would be no wars during his presidency. We are losing the war, and Trump has devastated the U.S. and world economy. Now the most incompetent President in American history who started a war wihout any approval of Congress, as the Constitution requires, is about the make the war even bigger and more complex. President Donald Trump has threatened to bomb Oman – a US ally – if it “gets in the way” of his administration’s own talks with Iran, Fox News reports. The US and Oman have been negotiating separately with Tehran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a waterway that is vital to the global economy. It has been largely closed for nearly six months during the US-Iran war. A reporter for Fox said the US president made the threat to Oman while using an expletive during a phone interview. Earlier in the day, Iranian officials said they were close to finalising a deal with Oman. Meanwhile, the future of talks between the US and Iran is unclear as a 60-day Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two sides is expiring. Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Monday, Trump was asked by BBC News if he was seeking an extension to the MoU, to which he replied: “No.” Since the US and Israel attacked Iran in February, [...]Read the Full Article »
Schwartzreport
Joy Bauer
Front Page Index
Channel NewsAsia - World
Wonderwall
The Sun » World News
The Wrap